Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Progress...and progressing

The image “http://b-lofreezing.wnymedia.net/blogs/files/2009/01/high172b1-300x235.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
When things get quiet down on Eugene Street, it must mean things are going well.

Case in point, preliminary Fall EOC test scores show improvement in some areas, strong growth in others.

But, as I tell my 3rd grade daughter, we still need to work on that math! Algebra I proficiency is down. It needs addressing.

See the data dump from GCS here.

Nice work, children.

E.C. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tell your daughter she is good in math. Tell her this over and over and let her hear you tell others this. Never, ever let her think she's not good in math. I have found that many girls simply believe that math is for boys. This sounds strange I know. I did my own little experiment on a child. I started telling her she was a "natural" at math. I told her and let her over hear me tell others this same thing. Guess what happened? This child is now much more confident with math, says math is her favorite subject and gets A's on the tests! I have no scientific data, no research grants, no other facts to support my "experiment" except that I now have a child who loves math and does well in it.

I'm just curious now, if we could see our county's results broken down by gender, it would be interesting to see the results.

Mr. EC, start now and tell your daughter how fun math is! Buy her a big black board and let her do problems on there like she's the teacher. You will be amazed at the interest she will take. Make her think she is a little genius. Most kids will live up to the expectation you set.