Sunday, November 16, 2008

Mo Betta' Blues

The image “http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:MjNHLl3mDcgkMM:http://www.gcsnc.com/schools/images/mo.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors. Since this blog is back in business, I already have been asked what my thoughts are on the new GCS superintendent Maurice "Mo" Green.

The truth is that honestly, I haven't formed an opinion.

I was literally out of the local loop for about six months, so I really didn't follow the chain of events closely as to Mr. Green's selection.

However, the ironic twist is that in the normal course of my duties of my new day/night job as a reservation agent for a major airline that has a major presence in the Carolinas, I had an opportunity to service the assistant to Charlotte/Mecklenburg Schools chief Dr. Peter Gorman. After brief small talk during this telephone conversation, she had nothing but praise for Mr. Green.

But one comment on the N&R Chalkboard is of concern:

Anonymous said:

150K. Where do they think they are? 2007?

This is 2008 and the country is almost bankrupt because of the same bad practices.

Mo's a going in the wrong direction for me.

When we should be reducing it at least could be one in and one out.

No comments: