Monday, November 17, 2008

Peacemaker Profiles New GCS Board

The image “http://www.carolinapeacemaker.com/Media/Images/NewspaperLogos/header_carolinapeacemaker.gif” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
The most recent Carolina Peacemaker profiles the newest GCS Board members. A short blurb:

[Carlvena] Foster already began visiting her District 1 schools. “I consider myself to be a grassroots person. I am a product of the schools of District 1. I attended elementary, middle and high school in District 1. I am very familiar with the community and I want to be the voice of that community,” Foster shared. The children should come first. Every child should have the opportunity to a high quality education. On behalf of my kids, I will be visiting all of my schools. I want to see first hand to get a feel for what’s right and what’s wrong.”

Kris Cooke, Darlene Garrett and Amos Quick III were elected to stay on the board. “I had no opposition, which is wonderful,” Cooke joked. “It means that people believe in what I stood for. We will work for the benefit for our kids. Our superintendent has that at the bottom of his heart and we will work for their betterment.” Cooke will be overseeing District 7.
*******************
E.C. :)

No comments: