Monday, December 8, 2008

An old idea revived for a new Board

The image “http://tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:jCrKU9i5XAzDzM:http://mm.news-record.com/drupal/files/imagecache/zoom_view/files/Images/Guilford%2520County%2520Schools%25202%2520-%2520file%2520photo.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors. I said back on March 3, 2007 that I believe a real Citizens Advisory Committee should be created within GCS. I also believe an Inspector General's position should also be created.

With a new Board, maybe the ideas aren't so far-fletched. Maybe the ideas may gain some traction with a new set of eyes and ears.

March 3, 2007:

I would really like to see a Citizens Advisory Committee created with teachers, parents, citizens, PTA members, etc., so that real citizens can have real input on issues surrounding GCS. And I would also like to see an “inspector general” position created to watch the fraud, waste, correct mismanagement, and to also review employee complaints and bring those to the attention of the Board. There is no system in place now that I know of.
**********************
What do you think?

E.C. :)

No comments: